March 4, 2013

Awkward



You know that stage of your life when you are about thirteen years old and just starting to develop? You still act like a kid, and probably look like one but your body is going through this huge change. One day you wake up a normal kid and the next BAM! you are becoming a woman, all emotional and hormonal. 
Well, that's sort of what it feels like right now. 
My body is is still recovering and far (close to twenty pounds to the south far) from what I started with.
It needs time. 
I have the belly that's slowly shrinking and some additional bootay, and of course, the girls are doing their duty too. I mean, it's all disproportional and out of line. Add to that my hormones jumping off the cliff and you've got a mess. 
So one of two things can happen. I can either pout and cry over my incongruous body or I can embrace this stage and just do my best. I'm picking the latter.
My body has accomplished a gigantic task and brought a life into this world. I can be hard on myself sometimes but this awkward-turned-plump stage isn't permanent. Hopefully.
I don't want to focus on the negative but rather enjoy the sweet little boy that I have. He's a joy and a blessing, so take that belly fat.


3 comments :

  1. You are one gorgeous mama - and you go girl for embracing the body that bringing a beautiful baby into the world creates! Give it time, don't beat yourself up about it, you have daily miracles to focus on instead!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you are talking about- you have a beautiful frame and love the way you paired cobalt and sequins. Stunning!
    Have a lovely day ahead~
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great! I totally understand what you mean, it is so hard to be patient with your body after having a baby. Just trust that you look great!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.coom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK