June 11, 2013

Chicken Pasta Salad {Recipe}


Another day. Another recipe.
I have to admit that most of my cooking is pretty simple. It's centered around simple ingredients and wholesome taste. This was a spur of the moment thing, involving some imagination, where I used whatever I had on hand. You can add more veggies or spices for different variations of this dish. Husband dubbed it 'very good' and he doesn't throw complements easily, so I'll take it. 
Here is a recipe for a quick, weeknight one-dish, one-pot meal.


Ingredients:
- 1/2 box of tricolor Rotini pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 13oz canned chicken breast
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 can medium black olives
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Parmesan cheese
- salty, pepper

Process:
Cook pasta according to package directions. 
Cut broccoli head into small florets and pour the hot liquid from pasta over the broccoli. Let stand for 3 minutes then drain.
Pour olive oil over pasta, add chicken, drained olives, broccoli, mayonnaise, black pepper and pinch of salt. Mix gently so that chicken only falls apart into smaller pieces. Cover the pasta to keep it warm. 
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over individual plates and serve. 
Enjoy!




4 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11.6.13

    oh it looks so delicious!

    www.ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipe! I love pasta salads, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I have to try this one night. Quick and easy dinners are great in my book, thanks for sharing! - Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK