September 17, 2013

Not Perfect




top: H&M
skirt: Talbots
shoes: Calvin Klein
glasses: DKNY
 This may come as shock to some of you, but I'm not perfect. (sarcasm)
There are days when I honestly don't want to get out of bed, stay in my PJs all day, , forget to change my kid's diaper and don't even bother to brush my teeth (I know, gross).
We all have those days.

Behind the pictures of outfits and perfectly polished clothes, I don't want to seem fake. 
At times I have struggles and I do fail.
I struggle to keep within my monthly budget (currently considering getting in trouble with my budget to get these bad boys), have emotional meltdowns and altogether bad days. Even my perfectly worded monthly posts about Jonathan's well being sometimes don't come out that easy, especially after a long day of cranky babe and no sleep.
 It's real life and life isn't perfect. 

Sometimes, I have a hard time with the concept of imperfection.
I get into the mode and try to show this perfect image of who I am (perfectionist) and forget to be real. Of course, I try to be as honest as possible but really, who's life is perfect?

You cannot judge someone else' life by their Insta account and Facebook updates. There is just so much more to it and when we don't see the entire picture and what's going on behind the scenes, it's easy to get discouraged. But today, in my perfectly imperfect life I'm at peace with who I am and where God has me.
Thank you Lord for this imperfect life.


1 comment :

  1. Great post, totally agree! Perfection is so not real, seriously where do people find those perfectly styled spots in their home to photograph for Insta!?
    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter to win my J.Crew giftcard giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK