September 5, 2013

Transition




top, hat: Target
shorts: J.Crew
wedges: Kate Spade
bag: Nine West
The days are still very warm but we are softly transitioning into fall. I'm trying to get every last bit of sunshine but wanting to embrace autumn colors and clothes, struggle with what to wear now. I see so many style bloggers pull out their jackets while I hesitate even to put on a blazer. 

I love this time of year but find it hard to balance the warmer temperatures with fall trends. It's a bit too warm for wool, leather and sweatshirts just yet. 
So I'm making my summer clothes work for my transitional wardrobe as I slowly pull out warmer clothes and mix it up a little.

Tip: wear your summer shorts with a three quarter sleeve and a hat for a more sophisticated look. Also, incorporate darker colors like black, brown, purple and burgundy, making those summer pieces shine in a whole new light.

Enjoy the last bit of summer!
It's going to be gone before we know it.

2 comments :

  1. enjoying the mix of purples in this outfit. the shirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I love the fact that it was cheap too...;-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK