May 5, 2014

Beauty Demands Sacrifice





sweater: J.Crew
skirt: thrifted (similar)
shoes: Zara (similar)
belt: Loft (similar)
glasses: DKNY 
The hardest part about blogging is not the pictures in freezing cold temperatures, or the hours of planning outfits. It's not even the enormous amounts of time we spend at the computer editing photos and networking with other bloggers. It's coming up with the post titles. I'm not joking when I say that I think about the title more than I think about what I'm actually going to say in the post. I always wonder if I should name my post after the outfit or whatever I'm talking about. Or should I tie the two things together and make them related, somehow? For example, in this outfit I'm wearing yellow sweater so I could talk about the lack of sunshine and name the post 'you are my sunshine'. That would be very lame and pretty pathetic though, wouldn't you think?
Instead I'm going to talk about how I was dying while wearing these shoes today because, well, beauty demands sacrifice. There is a saying in Russian that goes something like that but it's very hard to translate cultural phrases into another language because you loose the meaning. Well, even in English everyone understands that to look put together you have to sacrifice something. Whether it's sleep, because you have to wake up an hour early to do your hair or comfort, because you are wearing four-inch stilettos that make absolutely no sense at all. Except that they totally go with my midi skirt and add some height. That's all folks.
Thanks for stopping by! 

28 comments :

  1. Very pretty - love you in yellow! I think everything about blogging is difficult! :)

    Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is. But mostly it's fun!

      Delete
  2. True, post titles and copy can be so tough, but I think outfit photos in the freezing cold are worse!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes when you are freezing your butt off it's tough

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful outfit, it looks like the perfect mix between vintage and modern, the shoes looks great here.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I couldn't forget the shoes right.? ;-)

      Delete
  4. I agree, this whole things is time consuming, thought provoking, and fun! You look great!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit:) You look gorgeous :)))))
    Hugs Beata

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh blogging is tough and beauty is a lot of demand. But you look great. I am convinced that Yellow is your color. The addition of the blue belt was brilliant. I love that skirt, too.

    HPPY MONDAY ANNA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I've been navigating towards yellow too... It's such a fun color

      Delete
  7. Yellow is just a great color for you.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay - it's my go-to lately

      Delete
  8. This yellow is so pretty on you! And I completely agree. Sometimes I have absolutely NOTHING when it comes to titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren... titles are the hardest

      Delete
  9. This is such a great look for a brunch date with friends! Love your midi skirt and your heels are uber feminine and chic! Lovely styling - you nailed it!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen... I love those heels even though they get uncomfortable after a while

      Delete
  10. I really love your midi skirt Anna! And I think taking photos in the cold is the worst - and yes, titles get me stuck sometimes but I try not to overthink them! Mine was seriously cheesy today but I'm cool with it! =)

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is fine with me, when nothing else comes to mind... Plus how many people actually read the title - I usually go straight for the pictures

      Delete
  11. I love this yellow and black and white stripes! I agree, titles are difficult!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your skirt, the length is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL YES! The post titles is the hardest - much harder than coming up with something to write. It kills me.every.single.time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually just use a post title that describes my outfit...it's better for SEO :) That striped skirt is beautiful on you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that skirt with the pop of cobalt! So bright and pretty!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna I never realized how time consuming blogging was until I was actually doing it. You are so right between the planning outfits, taking pictures, editing pictures, picking titles, networking, etc...it's like a full time job! On top of that...you are a mom and wife. I don't know how you do it all! And the things we do in the name of beauty. 90% of my heels are very uncomfortable and I have no idea how to walk in them lol. Regarding this outfit...I love the yellow blouse with the striped midi skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this color/pattern combo! So pretty! My post titles are challenging for me too! I named one of my posts "Brick Wall" not because in my photos there was one behind me but because I could not think of a title and it was killing me! So "Brick Wall" it became. Sometimes you can't over think it (but I know we all do). It's so funny that the little things are the killers! ha! Visitng from the link up!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO cute! Love the yellow top with the blue belt!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful midi skirt! I haven't worn stripes like this but you make me want to experiment with this look :)

    If you have a sec, I’d like you to check out the latest on my blog: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK