February 5, 2015

Easy Long Hair Curls Tutorial {Beauty}



Hello lovelies! I have had many (by many I mean three) requests about my daily hair routine and how I get volume in my hair. So here is my first attempt at a sort-of kind-of how-to tutorial. Hubby isn't on board with these kinds of things yet so we didn't get too many detailed shots but it's the concept and not the exact steps that matter. 
Here are the products that I used and pretty much use every day for my styling. It's nothing fancy or expensive but they work for me. 


Step 1. Wash your hair the night before (or at least a few hours before you have to leave the house). I use the Fructis Shampoo and then rinse with Paul Mitchel Daily Rinse. I feel like the rinse is a little lighter than regular conditioner and doesn't leave a greasy feeling.

Step 2: Blow dry your hair until almost dry so that the roots are still a little damp. Braid the hair into a French braid (here is an easy tutorial) or just in regular braid if you don't know French.




Step 3. Sleep with the braid or walk around for hour or two. The braid is very close to the head and it won't bother you when you are sleeping.




Step 4. Undo the French braid and brush your hair through. The above picture is with me walking around the house for 2 hours. It will be much more curly and defined over night. 

At this point you can choose to put the remaining of your products and a little hair spray and move on.

Step 5: Spray the entire hair with Fructis Style Glossing spray and lightly curl you hair. Since it already has the curly definition, it will literally take about 5-7 minutes for long hair to be curled. When you take the hot iron off the hair, don't touch the curl and leave it be until you are done with the entire head. 




Step 6: Flip your hair over and gently run your fingers through the curls, separating them but not brushing. Next grab your hair clip and pick up the crown of the hair and make a large pouf so that the hair is standing up. I'm sure you will have at least a few minutes to get ready so keep your hair picked up until you are ready to walk out the door. (I do that even with day old hair to bring back a little volume)


Step 7: Take off the hair clip and finish off with light hair spray and another toss upside.




And that's all there is to it. It's just my system that works for my hair and if you find something different or decide that it does't work for your hair, that's just the nature of the beast. 


PIN THE IMAGE BELOW FOR FUTURE REFERENCES.


Thank you so much for stopping by! 

5 comments :

  1. love the tutorial. I already sleep with a braid but I like the tip of pinning the hair up for a bit to get that volume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luda. It really is a great tip for any hair type

      Delete
  2. Thank you for tutorial. I have recently found your blog. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Ilona! I'm glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous, Anna! Anyway, I love how you made the tutorial easy to do. Glad you instilled the idea of lightly curling the hair, too much can be very damaging after all. Thanks for that! Stay gorgeous! :)

    Sadie Montgomery @ Hoshall's Folsom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK