October 22, 2015

A Day In a Life {Motherhood}








When it comes to day to day activities, I'm all about routines and schedules. I love having stability but cannot do boring so we change it up quite a bit around these parts. With the change of seasons and shorter days, our routine is changing, so here is a day in our life. 

Wake Up; our day starts any time between 6:30 and 8:00. Sometimes Jonathan wakes up super early and other times, he will sleep in a little longer. It doesn't matter what time he goes to sleep the night before. It's very strange.

Breakfast: we eat hot breakfast every day. I got into a habit of making either waffles or eggs every day. If it's waffles, I make a big batch so there is enough for next day. Pop those into toaster and they are as good as fresh

Independent Play Time: this is when Jonathan either plays by himself or a watches a small cartoon (ok, who am I kidding sometimes it is a long cartoon ha!) I blog and answer emails, plan posts and complete projects 

Mommy and Me Time: every day before lunch I try to spend some time playing with Jonathan and just sitting down with him. He plays so much better and doesn't whine if he gets some one-on-one attention in the morning. 

Tidy Up: I go around the house and make sure things are put away, dishes are washed and what not. I feel that if everyday I do something to keep the house tidy, it's so much easier to stay organized. 

If we go anywhere that day, it's usually before lunch/nap time. Either visit grandparents, go to the park or just walk around the neighborhood. Lately it's been a lot of staying home because getting out with both kids is quite the hassle. 

Nap Time: if I got some sleep the night before, I start on dinner, do chores and blog. If I'm completely exhausted I take a nap after I nurse Abbie.

Dinner Prep/Dinner: we have homemade hot dinner every night after hubby comes home from work. Most of the time we eat around 7pm all together. Nurse Abbie and try to eat dinner while it's still hot.

Play/Clean Up: after dinner we all play and spend some time as a family. Then Jonathan cleans up his playroom (not without mommy's or daddy's help). 

Bed Time (for Jonathan): bath, reading and he's out by 9pm.

Quite Time/Work: after Jonathan goes to bed, I clean up dinner mess and schedule posts, check more emails and what not. Hubby and I try to spend some time together (try is the key word here) but trust me, we are not great at this but certainly getting better. After that I bathe and nurse Abbie, then settle her down for the night.

Sleep: when I finally crawl into bed it's almost 12am and hopefully not later. Abbie wakes up usually once during the night to nurse. and then it's morning, which means, time to do this all over again. 

Let's just say that this is a rough draft of how our days go. Some days are super busy and others are lazy but this is pretty much how we work around here.
Thank you for stopping by! 

8 comments :

  1. This post was so beautiful to read because it shows you are very well organized and a dedicated mom of two, I don't have kids for now but I assure women like you have all my admiration, you are the real wonder women because you managed to do it all ! Kisses from Italy

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on the go-go-go! Super woman! Love these shots- how cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! What a face on him! Seriously adorable :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! What a face on him! Seriously adorable :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds just like our day, I love it! We make pancakes everyday, making enough to last for two days is huge!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are such a darling mom! love how you all match in plaid!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pictures!

    Looks like a full day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK