August 31, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch



top: Banana Republic, blazer, clutch: H&M, pants: LOFT, shoes: Ann Taylor, 

Yesterday my mom and I took a much needed break from our busy lives and had long, restful and absolutely delicious lunch. In the little village cafe, while we set outside, it was plain nice to catch up. Mom has been working lots lately and now it's her turn for a trip back to mother land, so I won't see her for about 3 weeks.
While we were sitting around and chatting, it dawned on me - life too short not to savor moments like these. We are so caught up in the little things we have to do, and why we do what we do, that many times we forget the most important things, like family.
 When I am 90 years old and on my death bed, I don't want to have regrets like that. I want to think back to the day when mom and I lunched in a beautiful village cafe on a beautiful summer afternoon. It's the moments like these that take your breath away. 
They make you stop and just enjoy life.

2 comments :

  1. what an uplifting post - I live far from any of my family, so when we do get to be together I try my hardest to enjoy every little moment, and not let the usual family annoyances get in the way.
    Love your jewel tone pants!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess... thank you for being a faithful follower

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK