September 18, 2012

Zucchini Muffins {recipe}

So my aunt has an organic garden and she gave me a huge zucchini. I honestly did not know what to do with it because I like my zucchini young. So I decided to find a recipe that will incorporate zucchini without compromising the flavor. I discarded of the seeds in the middle and had only the outside shell left.
These are healthy and you get your zucchini serving without compromising the taste. 
This recipe is easy, yet again, with delicious results. 

Recipe Courtesy of My Recipes


Ingredients

  • 4.75 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
  • 3 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/3 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • large egg 
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation

  1. 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine whole-wheat flour and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine zucchini, milk, oil, honey, and egg in a small bowl; stir until blended. Make a well in center of flour mixture; add milk mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
  3. 3. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over tops of muffins. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK