October 16, 2012

Still in Heels



skirt: TJMaxx, sweater: H&M, scarf: Gap, shoes: Kenneth Cole, clutch: NY&Co
I was standing in line to sign into the hospital security system which is a pain after 9pm, (my hubby works at a local hospital, where his on-call shifts last anywhere between two to eight hours and he can't leave the patient) bringing my beloved some food. 
The couple standing right in front of me was obviously headed to the ER. The guy had sniffles and was dressed in his pajamas, while the lady was holding his cold medicine, constantly looking back at me. 
Those sort of things just creep me out.
 I was getting inpatient, and really wanted the whole process to be over as soon as possible. Well, as I was wondering what's their problem and why they are staring at me, I finally realized - I have a baby bump sticking out AND I'm wearing one of my nicer outfit (not the one in the picture). 
I see many pregnant women just trotting around in their PJs or pair of jeans and a hoodie. People are shockingly asking me how can I still be wearing heels, and most certainly complement me on my choice of clothes. 
I'm not saying that I don't like my most wonderful, soft and plush fleece PJs, but dressing well makes me feel like a woman. Not just a pregnant mother-to-be. It sort of lets me keep my identity as a person and not just someone who will be something in about three more months. 
I know that people have complications and most uncomfortable pregnancies ever, but I have been blessed with smooth sailing. And maybe in four weeks I will give up my heels too. 
But until then, it's stylish all the way.

8 comments :

  1. I love it - I think it is easy to use certain life circumstances (i.e. pregnancy) to get away with whatever you want (eating for 20 people, wearing sweats everyday), and while a little bit of that is certainly acceptable (I mean, you ARE growing a human inside you), I love that you are keeping up your identity, and totally rocking the gorgeous femininity that pregnancy brings out! I hope I can be the same way one day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess... I look forward to the next three months - that's going to be a challenge for sure :)

      Delete
  2. great scarf love this~!!! let the haters hate {i get it all the time at work as I work with scientists who could care less about being fashionable or even dressing nice}! u look great!

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I work with math geeks and dressing nice is not part of their routine... So what? I am going to be me all the way...

      Delete
  3. i agree, I love dressing "girly girl" sometimes fashion hurts!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep... especially those gorgeous heels

      Delete
  4. I totally agree! Just because you've got a (super cute) baby bump, doesn't mean you have to stop dressing the way you normally would. You look gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK