December 20, 2012

It's Not The Number


Just showing off my cute pregnant belly...
Love you baby boy...


There are lots of things on mind and none of them involve taking a picture of my outfit.. 
It's more of a reflection on myself...

One thing is for sure - I have some body image issues. I mean, who doesn't? But when you think that 'number' on the scale is the definition of slim, pretty and cute, you are ohhh so wrong.
 It's soooo not the number.
 I thought that once I'm married, I wouldn't have those issues. After all, I'd have a man who adores me and loves my body just the way it is. Nope. Wrong. Not skinny/slim/fit/ enough.
Then, once I'm pregnant, for sure, I will let my body do its thing. After all, I'm carrying another life inside me and he needs some extra calories. So a few pounds of extra weight for the great cause won't make me cringe when looking at the scale. Nope. Wrong again. Gaining too much weight
The problem is not the number on the scale but how we see ourselves. 
A healthy body image is not just a word for me, it's something unattainable. I felt that if I was ever satisfied with my body, you will let myself go and become a fat pig. But that's (probably) not true. 
Looking at yourself and realizing that you are not Gisele Bundchen is one thing, but another to constantly see faults that make you feel like you hate this body. 
Not a good attitude towards yourself. It makes you an unsatisfied person. And that transfers into everything - from your butt to the men bagging your groceries at the store.
An unhappy way to live that starts with not liking the size of your butt only because you can't fit into size 2. 
Last thought.
God gave us the bodies that we posses. Wow! This puts the entire blah-blah-blah psychological nonsense into a whole another perspective. So if I don't like how God naturally created me, with all my flaws and faults, I'm saying I don't like what He has done. But God knows best. All of his creation is very good
Therefore, I'm wonderfully made (Psalm Bible reference). 
Thank you Lord for making me just the way I am.
And thank you for this wonderful little life growing inside me. 

8 comments :

  1. I used to worry about my weight up until I hit 30 yrs old. I was much thinner then but still wasn't happy. So, here I am today, plump and happy!!! I finally accepted the fact that no matter what the scale says, life is not about that. I am truly happy and don't obsess with mirrors like I used to. Its very refreshing to accept yourself, a huge burden is lifted.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very common problem with us girls... Thanks for sharing your experience:)

      Delete
  2. Whenever I used to complain about myself as a child {be it my hair, my weight, etc} my mom would make me quote that verse. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made," I would say with a reluctant attitude.But after saying it over and over, I guess it started to sink in and I began to realize exactly what you said. God has created me exactly the way He intended. Which means my body is perfect.. perfectly me :)

    You're a beautiful pregnany woman :) Relish every moment!

    brittanykytecreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother was a wise woman :)

      Delete
  3. I hope that you realized what a cute pregnant woman you are. Don't step on that scale until the baby is born...problem solved :)

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... but the problem becomes when you go to the doctors office and they MAKE you step on the scale...lol

      Delete
  4. Anonymous27.12.12

    Having struggled with eating disorders most of my life, it was hard watching my body change during pregnancy. I won't lie and say that once I had her I didn't care anymore, but I cared in a different way. Instead of worrying about how many calories something was because I didn't want to gain weight, I saw food as fuel for my body so I could nourish the little baby I was breastfeeding. And now that she's weaned, I want to be healthy as long as I live so I can enjoy every moment with her. I love the photo, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww that is such a sweet photo..congrats on your bundle of joy! Happy 2013 xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK