February 1, 2013

Egg-in-a-Whole {recipe}



When I say I don't like eggs, I mean, I really don't like them. If I have to eat scrambled eggs, I nearly drown them in ketchup. But being that it has lean protein and an essential to a good breakfast, and blah blah blah (especially for preggos), I've been forced to eat them. Hence, I've been looking for recipes to creatively disguise the eggs and load up on veggies. First of all, I'm the queen of easy when it comes to breakfast. Sometimes I get all crazy and make super fancy Eggs Benedict, otherwise, I like to stick to pancakes. Well, here is the first way I've tried eating my egg(s). And I must say, I liked it.


Ingredients:
1 slice of your favorite bread
1/2 tbsp butter 
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 avocado
3 grape tomatoes 

With a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass, press a hole in the center of the slice of bread.



Next, heat a skillet over medium-low heat and melt the butter in it. When the butter is all spread out, place 

the piece of bread in the skillet and crack the egg straight into the center of hole.



Cook for at least 30 seconds or so before attempting to move the bread or things could get messy. Sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper to taste. After about a minute, flip it over with a spatula and salt and pepper the other side.




Now move the whole piece of toast around the skillet, soaking up all of the glorious butter. Let it cook until the yolk feels, to the touch, still soft without feeling over-jiggly. Here’s the key: golden brown toast, white (not brown/burned) whites, soft unbroken yolk. Load it with your favorite veggies and and enjoy! 



7 comments :

  1. Looks Yummmy! Since I love eggs I'm gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this way of eating eggs! When I was little, my mom would call them "magic eggs" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool name because they aren't fancy at all!

      Delete
  3. Like duh!! This is such a cool trick. I am almost intrigued to make this instead of eating left over sheppards pie....I may infact eat both!! HA!

    Kay
    www.lovenwright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks delicious.. i must to try it (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO.INCREDIBLY.DELICIOUS!

    www.PalatineAve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK