April 16, 2013

On Perfectionism




top: Ann Taylor, pants: thrifted, heels: BCBGirls, bow: Old Navy (belt from dress), bag: Target
I must admit: I'm a perfectionist by nature. With people-pleasing, every-person-approval-seeking tendencies. Sometimes it gets a little nuts in this head of mine. 
My desire for the 'right' way sometimes gets in the way of what's more important - things like friendships, personal relationships and love.
The most difficult part about motherhood (and life in general) is finding balance. The balance between a disciplinarian and too permissive parent, accepting friend and judgmental one.
In an effort to find that balance I'm trying to go a little easier on myself and on my child.
There will be bad days. That's just a fact of life.
Sometimes he will be fussy and I won't feel like going by schedule.
Sometimes you just have to let go and let it be.
Those are the times when you figure out that life will go on with unwashed dishes in the sink and take out dinner, so that mama can get some rest and relaxation.
As you know, when mama is happy, everybody is happy.
So go ahead and have yourself a perfect day.


1 comment :

  1. Love the pop of polka dots in this look! Totally cute. I so understand this post, I am a perfectionist and pleaser as well, it is a tough thing to get past, but as a parent you really do have to find balance. Loved what you said.

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK