August 21, 2013

Thrifty Chic




top & skirt: Thrifted
shoes: H&M
Thrift store shopping is probably my favorite kind, because you never know what you will find. Sure there is lots of junk out there and you have to look really close but in the end, it's worth it. Other times it's not.
When thrift store shopping, I have bought items I thought I needed and things there were too big/small in hopes of altering them myself. That never happened. 
One thing I do when I'm looking through the isles of unneeded clothing is stand out patterns, one-of-a-kind pieces and timeless classics. And of course the fit.
When I spotted this skirt, I loved the striped pattern but wasn't sure if I wasn't going to fit into it. The white top was a no-brainer. 
If you aren't sure about thrift store shopping give it a go on an off night, or with a friend who knows her way around. Then dig in and pay close attention to all the details, tags and patterns. Take your time and you will be surprised what you can find!
Happy Hump Day! 

4 comments :

  1. YEAH! I love reading that other people thrift shop! It's like one of the main focus' of my blog...thus my closet.

    Great find in that skirt! I love it!

    Patterned Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your skirt and the shoes! Such a pretty color :)

    Visiting from the linkup. I'd love for you to come over by blog too and leave your thoughts on my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love the pop of color on the shoes :) Stopping by from Random Wednesday. Hope you'll come visit me, having a $200 J.Crew gift card giveaway!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great scores pretty lady! I am in love with those blue shoes!
    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter to win my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK