June 4, 2014

On Becoming a Morning Person

image

This is me. Well, not really a picture of me but what I'm doing every morning at sunrise. I'm running. Thanks to some friends, and marathon-running sister of mine, who encourage me along.
I've never been a morning person. Since we got married, hubby and I would stay up late and then sleep in until cows came home. It's a little different now - baby wakes up by eight am every morning and one would think that we would change our sleeping habits. But we really haven't been doing a good job going to sleep at a normal time, i.e. before midnight. We would stay up way too late and be exhausted the next morning, hating it every time. 
With the daylight savings time and early sunrise, I feel like I'm loosing precious time by not waking up early enough. However waking up @5:30 am just to be by yourself isn't exactly all that exciting. I hit the snooze button and go right back to sleep. Even if I'm trying to have extra time to do my Bible study, with a cup of tea in hand and half asleep. 
It's just not motivating enough. 
But when a group of us agrees to meet at six am to exercise, it's a totally different story. It's like there is an obligation to go. First, I have to keep my promise to come, and then, I will get all those texts if I don't. Having somewhere to be at a certain time makes the whole thing very official and important.  
Mind you, I only ran a few days but I already like it. I love the quietness of the streets, crisp morning air, and the gorgeous morning sunrise. I push myself to exercise, having some time think and clear my mind. And the half an hour girl talk after the run is so much fun that I would come just for that.
Then I come back early enough to make pancakes from scratch and have prayer time, all before everyone wakes up. 
Now I just can't wait for nap time, because I'm already exhausted even though it's only ten am.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. (Psalm 5:3)


6 comments :

  1. Anonymous4.6.14

    I love these tips, and I absolutely agree with the having the prayer time in the morning!

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! Thanks for always leaving comments on my blog. I love hearing from you. I have never been able to reply because your address comes up as "no-reply@..." which means when you leave comments the blogger can't reply to you. I know it's fixable but I dont know the exact how-to.

    Also.. I've been meaning to write a post just like this one! I recently started training for a 5K and running at 630am is so refreshing and it makes me feel like I did something with my day before I even get started. It's so great! I will go follow you on IG now so I can keep up with you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting a group together in the early morning is actually a great idea I never thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heres a tutorial for changing to reply blogger... I just learned myself
    http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you are such a dedicated woman. I barely have time for house-work with a very active toddler. But I am not much of a runner anyway. I still keep very busy and stay active though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already mentioned that I'm not a morning person....but did I mention that I'm not a morning person lol?! I'm proud of you girl! I like the idea of exercising with a group of friends and people holding you accountable. You're inspiring me to be a early bird! Thank you for sharing Anna:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK