August 7, 2014

The Reality of Instagram

Life as a fashion/beauty blogger may seem perfect according to social media. I certainly don't make it my goal to make my accounts look like a magazine spread, neither do I have resources to do so. I don't have a gorgeous walk-in close (it's shelves and some hangers), my house isn't going to be featured in a magazine, and nobody wants to know where I got my rug. I have a normal life. I'm flawed and this is just how un-perfect my life is. For real.


Caption: Look at me grabbing some caramel frappuccino while out and about. Of course, I have a floral top on and my hair is naturally this pretty. I'm having fun and loving it. 

Reality: I was running super late and snapped this picture while waiting for traffic light to turn green. I was in such a hurry that didn't even read the caption after I wrote it. Talk about embarrassing!? And the frap? Forget it! It was absolutely nasty and way too sweet - we don't have fancy Starbucks for miles around here. I was starving the rest of the day because I didn't eat anything in the morning trying to get myself and Jonathan ready. Oh and the pretty blazer? It's covering the fact that my top isn't ironed and has baby drool on it. Oh the life of a momma (through Instagram filters)!




Caption: Just running errands, looking polished and pretty. Oh you know, kids are being kids but I totally got this. 

Reality: I had to run errands with both kids (babysitting for my sister) right before nap time, and they were getting cranky.  As we pulled up to the grocery store it started raining, I mean it was the worst torrential downpour. We were waiting on the rain and kids didn't like it. I jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped pouring and stepped into a huge puddle. As I was getting my niece out, Jonathan got all excited about the puddles and jumped right in. I had to carry both of them into the store because there was so much water. As we were about to leave, I realized my niece was walking barefoot. After a few minutes, we located the shoes and safely proceeded toward the parking lot. Phew, that was exciting!




Caption: Look at our kids playing together and smiling at each other. They play so well with each other and always share, being the cutest little toddlers. They have so much fun in the sandbox!

Reality: It was Jonathan and Zoe's very first time playing in the sand box. They kept fighting the entire time and pouring sand all over each other's heads. The sand was everywhere - even in the diapers and mouth. While one of us wasn't looking, they found water and got back into the box. It was a mud box! Jonathan was snatching what Zoe had and vice versa, so there was a lot of screaming and hitting going on. The worst part was when we went inside and the sand was everywhere! Bath time.


Caption: I'm enjoying lunch by myself, while kids nap, while reading the Bible. I'm such a spiritual person.

Reality: Kids woke up as soon as I set down. So much for me, myself and I. I had to hurry up and eat lunch while folding laundry because let's face it, no one has time to sit and eat. Bible reading? It was a great idea but it didn't happen at all that day. Up and at it with million things to do, mainly mopping the floors, doing laundry and cooking dinner. So the lunch got cold before I could actually finish it, and reheating grilled cheese is just nasty. My life is glam!


Caption: Just doing a little shopping in my cute little outfit. My kid is just standing next to me and behaving like all other angel children. I bought half the store because you know, fashion blogger and all.


Reality: I didn't even buy anything because I already spend too much shopping that month. Sure my outfit looked cute but my feet were burning from walking all over in those stupid boots. Jonathan was throwing a fit and wouldn't sit in the stroller, so I took him out. He layed on the floor, looking outside the dressing room through the space between the door and floor, saying hi to all the strangers. He wanted to drink, then snack, then nap and who know what else. While in the dressing room, he kept pushing the stroller to run me over, laughing every time. It was fun for him, but hectic and stressful for me.

2 comments :

  1. I don't have an instagram account but this makes me want one. Love your fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK