January 1, 2015

New Year's Goals {2015}


I don't like making resolutions because if I start slacking I feel like a looser. Well, maybe I am one but it doesn't get me any more motivated for change. So I set some goals for myself instead which seem like a process instead of just an abrupt change I have to do right now.

GAIN WEIGHT:: it is part of pregnancy but how much and where is very important. I became lazy and inattentive last time I was pregnant, thinking I will lose it all on the way back from hospital. I gained too much and it was difficult to get back into shape. I learned my lesson and this time I will keep it under control by eating right, exercising regularly and actually stepping on the scale.  My goals is to have a healthy weight gain which won't strain my back as much, enable me to move more and hopefully make the labor easier.

MOVE MORE:: I have a regular exercise routine I stick to but that doesn't mean I can lounge the rest of the day. Simply, moving around the house, doing chores and getting up every 30 minutes when I'm blogging to stretch is a must. It will help with my chores that pile up at the end of the day and keep me motivated. I've been really tired lately and very sleepy, plus Jonathan had an awful chest cold so we weren't able to get out of the house for the last two weeks. I'm looking forward to warmer weather when we can take enjoy the outdoors. Even when it's chilly a brisk walk around neighborhood is good for everyone.

GET OUTSIDE:: we live in a cold climate so most of our winter months we spend inside. Of course, I love snowboarding and ice skating but compared to how much time we spend inside, it really is depressing. I noticed that I sleep better when I get fresh air and Jonathan gets his energy out. I love being outdoors and going to try to do a better job of taking Jonathan to the park, taking a walk after dinner, biking, rollerblading, hiking and more.

DAILY DEVOTIONALS:: I  have been doing Bible Studies and devotional receiving emails every day which helped me to keep up with Bible reading a prayer. But during busy times of year (summer, holidays, birthdays, vacations) I tend to forget and get off course. Honestly, there is always something going on to take my attention of the most important things. But let's face it when something is important to us, we will find the time and opportunity to do it. It's a matter of priorities and I'm changing mine.

LESS SOCIAL MEDIA:: This one is so hard to do when your life depends on being present in every social media channel. As a blogger, I tend to get lost in the millions of blogs I follow and countless Instragram accounts flooding my feed. It's all about time management and I'm determined to have a system down to keep up with the demands of my expanding business and yet be present in my own life.

BUDGET:: One of the biggest goals for this year is for us to design and keep a budget. I'm an impulsive shopper and a sale-hunter but I'm determined to stick to it and not buy junk. A lot of times it's the price that gets me interested and not even an item that I'm buying. If it's $4.99 and originally it was $50 I must buy it right? Sticking to a budget is tough at first but knowing we have financial security is worth trouble. We downloaded the You Need A Budget app and synced it to our phones. Let's do this!
















2 comments :

  1. Anonymous2.1.15

    Best of luck on your resolutions! I'm with you definitely on the social media one; I've been trying to switch out blogging for Facebook as a way to reflect on life in general, and I've found it to be quite a freeing feeling. (Goodness knows how useful Facebook really is, though. Sigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I especially love "Move more," I need to do that too! Hope your new year is going fantastic so far!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK