January 19, 2015

Pregnancy Update {13 Weeks}


We are officially over the 12 weeks and I'm excited to get the first trimester behind me. This pregnancy is very similar to my first one but more exhausting. I do not have morning sickness (thank you Lord) but I do have daily fatigue. I'm extremely tired all of the time. While I try to rest and take a nap during the day, my body seems to being drained by a tiny baby who's taking every bit of my energy. I'm hoping it will pass soon. 
Jonathan is a very active toddler and to keep up with him takes a lot of energy. He constantly wants me to play with him, read to him and share in every kind of activity. He does play by himself when I need to get something done, but most of the time he's by my side. Between early wake up calls and day-to-day chores, I'm definitely more busy and active.

My day looks something like this.
Wake up
Eat breakfast/blog
Pass out on the couch.
Do chores.
Eat lunch.
Pass out again.
Do chores/start dinner
Eat dinner
Pass out for the Nth time
Put Jonathan to sleep
Enjoy alone time
Bed time (promise myself to go to bed earlier the next day - never happens)

Cravings: Grapefruit, smoked salmon, Russian foods like braised red cabbage and this herring dish

Fatigue: severe tiredness every day with small burst of energy which usually end with me passing out on the couch. I literally can fall asleep standing. 

Weight gain: I actually lost 5 pounds somehow - I guess all that eating and laying around does wonders for ya. Just kidding. I have been very conscious and careful of what I eat, limiting the carb intake and increasing protein as well as fruit and veggie. Of course, I still have my favorite foods but in very limited quantities.

Exercise: although I've been feeling terribly tired, exercise is still my priority. I've been hitting the treadmill couple times a week and jogging for 2 miles. Every bit helps.

Brother-bear: Jonathan doesn't realize that change is coming and still climes into my lap to drink his milk before nap. He loves when hubby or I spend alone time with him and cannot live without his daddy putting him to sleep. I love that we still have this time together but wonder how is he going to take it when the baby arrives. He's pretty possessive when it comes to his mama and I must say I have a few worries. If I mention a baby, he says 'I'm baby' so obviously, we are not ready for a baby of any kind to replace him yet. I hope when the belly starts growing and I will show more, that we will be able to prepare him for the new baby.  

Must-Haves: water, healthy snack, body oil.


Thank you for stopping by!
xo, Anna




5 comments :

  1. I hear you about the exhaustion. I'm right there with you, but I had tons of morning sickness, too. I'm just a little bit behind you... I'll be thirteen weeks on Sunday. My boy is a lot like yours- he does not do well without constant interaction. It can be tough trying to cook when he's around, and sometimes I work on dinner during his nap! I, too, worry about the jealousy with the new baby, but ultimately, it will be a good lesson for him to learn, that life doesn't revolve around him. It will be hard, but good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Congratulations Courtney! Boys are pretty possessive of their mothers so this should be interesting.

      Delete
  2. Yay for being past the first trimester! I am so glad to hear that you have been feeling good! I am so impressed that even with your fatigue you have been able to stay motivated to run and exercise. I bet you'll feel great the whole pregnancy if you keep that up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you lost 5 lbs! Keep up the healthy lifestyle :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you aren't experiencing morning sickness!! Loved reading this update, thanks so much for sharing!! I bet brother will be a bit more understanding once he sees your tummy growing =)

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK