June 17, 2015

Casual Maternity Style








dress: J.Crew (cheaper version here)
jacket: Talbots old (similar)
flats: TJMaxx (similar)
bag: Tommy Hilfiger
sunglasses: Tory Burch
watch: Fossil (on sale!)

First time I styled this dress here

Managing to wear non maternity clothes that fit during pregnancy is a hard task, but it's possible! You don't have to sacrifice style for comfort either. To give you some ideas, here are my tips.

- Size Up. If you like a certain piece of clothing, buy a size (or two) larger than your pre-pregnancy size. It's easier to take it to the tailor later and have it taken in, then wear it for only a few weeks. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing with this eyelet dress.

- Jersey Dresses. Stretchy and comfy jersey fabric is easily the best things that has ever happened to my bump. I buy my normal size and have it stretch over the belly, so later I will have something to wear as well.

- Empire Waist and Boxy Fit. I knot that empire waist is not in style right now, but there are some non maternity dresses and tops that will fit the description. Also, a lot of tops right now have a very boxy and relaxed fit. I was able to find about 5-6 tops at TJMaxx the other day, that weren't maternity but fit me well (of course I couldn't buy all of them so I had to pick one).

Hope that helps your search for cute clothes for the bump. Thank you for stopping by!

Shop Eyelet Dresses



10 comments :

  1. Love the look, fresh&comfy!
    kisses...


    Zapatos Rojos

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maternity dress is really pretty. Love the matching bag!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. You are so kind!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cobalt blue eyelet dress Anna! Looks fantastic on you..and I am so with you on sizing up or buying for versatility than one time use...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute dress, I am using this rule with the dresses I have, all my jersey knit and maxi ones will work well withy growing belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny! I am loving all my jersey regular dresses

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit, you are amazing :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK