July 27, 2017

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup {Recipe}







Okay guys, I don't want to brag but, my chicken noodle soup is the best I have ever had. I mean, it's like your grandma's chicken noodle soup. The one you want to eat on a cold snowy day or on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Even though it's summer, I still make it a lot. We love soups here! Plus, everyone who has tried my soup raved about how great it is and Sorry I don't do step by step photos but if you follow this you will get it! But don't forget my very important secret ingredient - dill! If you want to make sure it's absolutely amazing use homemade chicken stock. Nothing  in the world will substitute the flavor and richness of homemade broth.

Ingredients

Broth:
1 chicken quarter leg
1 carrot
1 celery stick
1 small onion


Soup:
2 carrots
2 celery sticks
1 large onion
broth
chicken leg cut
1 green onion
small dill bunch
small cialntro bunch
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz small dutch egg noddles

How To Make Broth
Put all the ingredients into a large 5 qt pot and cover it with water. Bring it to rapid boil and decrease to simmer. Keep it on lowest heat and simmer for at least one hour. I usually let it simmer for 2 hours and then let it rest another hour off the heat.


Soup
Dice carrots, onion and celery. Place 2 tbsp of olive oil into a cast iron Dutch oven and let it heat up over medium heat. Place all the diced vegetables and saute them on low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Add broth, chicken and noodles and stir. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium and cook until noodles are tender (according to package instructions). Remove from the heat or the noodles will become soggy. Finely chop dill, cilantro and green onion and add to the soup. Add a little bit of the greenery now and then save some for garnish when you serve the soup. The greens are what makes this soup stand out. The combination of fatty and delicious chicken stock with fresh herbs makes this recipe a winner in a my book. Try it!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK