April 12, 2012

DIY Spring Wreath


So spring has sprung and everyone is pulling out their rakes, mowing loans and putting up new spring wreaths. I found a great idea somewhere on PINTEREST and decided to give it a try. It's really a different kind of wreath - one made from yarn. I did not take pictures of the step by step process, still going to do my best to tell you how easy it is to make it. You can find the tutorial on making felt flowers here, I made Felt Blooms Version Two. I got the idea here so you can experiment and maybe try something different with yarn colors and patterns.







You Will Need:
1. Felt
2. Yarn
3. Glue Gun
4. Round Wreath Base
5. Small Poms
6. Scissors

STEP1
Wrap the yarn around the wreath using a little glue when needed to hold the yarn in place. Let the wreath rest to make sure there is no loose yarn.
STEP2
Make the felt flowers
STEP3
Put the flower in place and secure them with glue gun. (You may want to play around with flowers and see where it will look better. Don't glue them on the first try)
STEP4
Put few poms to add color and texture to the wreath
STEP5
TADA! You have your spring wreath ready to be hang on the door.

P.S. I enjoy mine every time I walk through the front door. r

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK