April 23, 2012

Learning to Persevere (LWYH)




Tank: Express similar
Cardigan: Ann Taylor
Necklace: JCrew
Belt: Target similar
Skirt: similar
Shoes: TJMaxx
Clutch: Thrifted
I wore this outfit for Sunday church and absolutely loved the long flowing  skirt. When I walked it  flowed behind me and almost swept the floor. It gave me such a womanly feel.

Here is the deal people: I am tired of being a victim of advertising! I am tired of falling for every new sale and not wearing everything I have... I'm tired of going shopping only because I have nothing better to do... I'm tired of going to the store only because I have another 20% OFF coupon... SIGH... Therefore I have decided to come clean and step into a new direction - having a closet full of things I can put together and work with, every single day. To reach my goal I am starting a new project called Love What You Have.

So here is what happened:
- I admitted I have a little problem... well, maybe not so little. I couldn't stop shopping for clothes/shoes/bags/belts/scarfs/jewelry. GASP!
-  I did a little closet purging and got rid of all the stuff I haven't worn in about a year. Then I put away all the winter/fall stuff (it was sad to part).
- I went though my closet again and made sure that I can wear every single item with at least another item, and got rid of couple more things.
-  Then I took pictures of all the stuff I have and realized that I have enough to last me through the entire summer (gasp!) without ever(!) stepping foot into a store.

GOAL:
--For the next 30 DAYS I am not going to buy a single thing! Making this decision public is going to help me be accountable! I will post pictures of outfits everyday to remind myself that I have what I need and more.

Here I go Loving What I Have

Persevere(verb) - continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no indication of success /online dictionary/

14 comments :

  1. this is something that I have to do also..you are such an inspiration :)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you velita! I am going to do my best

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed!! I love this outfit as well. I agree you can totally do a lot with what you have. Good luck with your goal!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great goal... I've been battling with my obsessive shopping tendencies to do something similar for AGES. Hope you succeed!! I think you will, given how cute this outfit is :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I should try to do the same thing...

    I love your maxi skirt, you're so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love how comfy it is

      Delete
  5. good luck with your goal!! it can be tough -- but you can do it!

    hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter. amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and I will look at your giveaway

      Delete
  6. Anonymous23.4.12

    i'm so proud of you sister...must be hard to do. I on the other hand better pick up ur place so that the state's retail shops don't go out of business :) haha, LOFT had a super sale this weekend...(hope you went on a spree before this post)
    Heart you..and nice hair ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah without my shopping the country may go into a financial depression lol

      Thank you for sweet comment

      Delete
  7. Wow, good for you!! You're an inspiration. I've been having the same problem lately, shopping just because of sales, but I've been trying to cut down this past month. By the way, I LOVE your Jcrew necklace. That actually has been on my current wishlist =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    PS. If you're interested, check out my $50 Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Btw, I got the necklace via Ebay, it looked legit... plus was cheaper:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK