May 31, 2012

Lessons


For the last three days I was learning a lesson on patience and compassion, and understanding and maybe some other wisdom too.
Our A/C unit broke... and I almost killed my hubby somewhere in there too. The story goes like this.
You may laugh at how almost silly it sounds. 
It got really hot outside and not just any hot - it was MUGGY. Impossible to breath and sleep muggy. So we decided to bring air conditioner down from the attic. Hubby asked me to clear out the way for him because that sucker is heavy and poor thing won't let me help him. So, I got chairs outta the way but forgot to push the rug aside and it's one of those flimsy rugs, that slide every time you walk. Of course, as he was carrying the unit, he tripped on the rug, almost fell, and dropped the A/C. I almost had a heart attack but what's worse? It wouldn't turn on. It WAS HOT! 95F! So to ensure we will will live, we went to Walmart and got a fan. Thank God we were able to get some sleep that night but it was still very hot and humid in the house. Then hubby called a store that sells parts for stuff and they couldn't even find the model number for our A/C and I was so frustrated and mad at myself. Honestly, I said a silent prayer to God to give patience. Two days passed. Hubby decided to plug the sucker in... and it worked! We were relieved and surprised but most of all thankful for the luxury of having the air conditioning in the house. We ARE spoiled!


A lot of times God has to teach us lessons over and over, because we don't pass the exit exam for the class. Or we act like little spoiled toddlers that act out with the first thing that doesn't go their way. I don't know about you, but I feel like I just took the patience test. I don't know if I passed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK