June 7, 2012

Familiar






skirt: J.Crew similar, blazer: Loft similar, shoes: Guess (via TJMaxx), bag: Kate Spade
The skirt last styled here

The uncomplicated treasure of familiarity. A thought came to me as I was grocery shopping when I knew exactly what kind of coffee hubby would like and what kind of creamer to go with it. And that we both like energy drinks and cheese. That tomorrow he will want something 'with meat'.
There is something to be said about sharing a life together. Yes, the idea can be unromantic or dull but often times it goes unappreciated. 
My grandparents have been married for 50 years. They don't have a lovey-dovery relationship, I haven't even heard them say I love you (which isn't exactly a great thing) and they haven't had a vacation in their life and don't know what date night is. But I know that they love each other. How? They showed it in their everyday life.
Often times, the image of love is the one portrait in romantic movies but that's not it. Love is the familiar, comfortable, messy, beautiful, confusing, hard, routine, day-to-day life. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK