June 8, 2012

Sequin Clutch (DIY)


I gave my red clutch a little make over. Let's face it, the clutch needed it BIG TIME. Couple of weeks ago I bought a sequin skirt but just never got up the courage to wear it because well, I don't go clubbing. It was on clearance for $5 and just didn't seem to fit right (I realized when I  got home). So I decided to make a new purse for myself. It wasn't a hard project and took me only about 30 minutes. Here it is.

Inspiration
Christian Louboutin
Prada
























Materials:
- old clutch, purse
- sequined material (depending on the size of the clutch)
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- scissors









HOW TO
Clean the clutch and measure how much material you need. Warm up the glue gun and cut the material appropriate to size. Leave about 2 inches seem allowance or as much as you need to cover the entire clutch.




Carefully start gluing. I started with the seem and matched it with the bottom of the purse so it looks more professional.



 I completely glued down the sides before taking care of the side seems.


Cut the edges nicely and make even seem with sequins folding on each other. Glue the sides and tuck in the bottom corners.



Start gluing the inside. Fold the material in and glue it under the zipper with a little glue.
  ***Careful not to drop glue on zipper - you will ruin it.***




Glue the corners in very carefully and press them down for a minute.

After gluing everything down, put something heavy on top for couple of minutes to make sure glue sets.
Ta-Da!



Thanks again for reading and commenting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK