June 26, 2012

From Russia With Love


Olga's Flavor Factory - Cold Beet Soup

The weather is frowning at us and I'm just going to make a bit pout lip and not get all dressed up his morning. Instead, I'm making good food. Sometimes, I crave something from mother Russia and then call up my mom to ask how it's made. Well, today is one of those days. I already called up mom and she gave me all the tips and tricks, so I can get to work. I'm making a truly authentic Russian dish - a cold beet soup, served with hot potatoes. We Russians put beets into everything (almost) and here in US they are hard to find at times. So here goes the recipe, which I found on another blog by a great young Russian cook, and let me tell you, she does a great job with recipes. I encourage you to try this recipe on a hot summer day - you will thanks me. Enjoy!

3 comments :

  1. That looks amazing. I am a big fan of beets and the color is so pretty even if I weren't I'd be trying it!!I might need to try that!!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes Emily! :)
      I actually ass buttermilk instead of water right away and it won't need any sour cream... Yummm!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK