July 4, 2012

It's Different Over Here



My aunt has a gorgeous garden of lillies! Aren't they pure delight to look at?
They are dressed up better then any fashioista in the world!
As many of you know, I haven't been this side of the world for almost a decade. And the more you forget the reality, the more you embrace the romanticized memories, which are going to 'get real' very soon. 
From the moment I stepped my foot onto Belarus soil, it was a reminder of the different type of life. People here are hardened by life and just tough all over. They also don't apologize for the lack of softness. 
Going through passport control, there were absolutely no signs telling me to go and buy obligatory health insurance first, then get in line for passport check. So I'm standing in a mile long line waiting for my turn (also there are people waiting  for me outside the gate) then approaching the window, I'm told to buy the insurance and come back. 
The insurance kiosk is on the second floor and there is no escalator or elevator. Now I'm just mad! I have to haul my 27 lb carry on up the stairs and then come back to stand through another long line. Lovely! But thank you Lord the process went smooth after that, I got my luggage, had nothing to declare and was free to go!
 That was the beginning of my adventure... 
And also, the time difference is killing me - it's 6 am local time and I'm wide awake with like a million of crows outside my window. 
Although, the weather is nice - hot during the day (in upper 80s) and cool during the night. Very lovely and so absolutely peaceful. 
Hope you had fun Fourth of July!

1 comment :

  1. Wow that seems like such a PAIN!! Those lilies are absolutely gorgeous.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK