September 11, 2012

Far From Perfect



pants: Gap, blazer: Banana Republic, tank: NY&Co, shoes: Payless Shoe Co
I have to admit - I'm a people pleaser. I hate it when people don't like me and I put every effort into making sure that people do like/agree with me. There is nothing harder then hearing someone being overly critical or just simply mean, which brings on the feeling of guilt. 
That awful feeling!
The feeling that I'm not good enough, that I haven't done my part, that I haven't been honest enough, that some somehow I failed. 
I can't sleep.
I can't stop thinking about it; how I have failed yet again.
Honestly, it feels like a trap, and the only way to get out is to be better. To do much better job, to be more like other people, who are good enough. 
Well, I'm tired of it.
Yes, there are times when I have to admit that I'm wrong, and that I have made a mistake, but that doesn't diminish me as a person or educator. 
Mistakes are to learn from and move on.
So, as hard as it is going to be, I'm going to pick what's left of my self esteem and move on.
No body is perfect. 
So why am I trying to prove to the world that I am?

7 comments :

  1. I am by nature a people pleaser too by nature. I had an experience where I couldn't please anyone no matter how I tried (long horrible story) but one good thing came out of it...I stopped trying. I think it is a good thing to get to the point like you said, that you know you aren't perfect, but you wouldn't trade being you for anything. The world can take you as you are, or look else where. Nobody is perfect, but you are a perfect YOU!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, when u become a mommy, these kind of things won't even fazzle you, because you will have better things to spend your time and energy on. And don't worry, the sleep part your baybochka will take care of, he won't let you sleep :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement... Looking forward to not sleeping part lol ;-)

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit on you. Your shoes are adorable. xx.
    Meg

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a people pleaser too... and it is an unrewarding path in life. I please others, but they don't always do the same in return. Such is life - I have decided to do me, and let others do them. And wine helps when that doesn't work out... maybe a cookie for you while you incubate that wee baby :)
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being a people pleaser isn't an easy job! so let's stop doing it... but it's a conscious decision we have to make every time... Not an easy thing to do:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK