November 6, 2012

Pregnant Style



dress: Talbots, shoes: Payless, belt: J.Crew, bracelet, necklace: Macy's 
By no means am I an expert on this. This is my first pregnancy and trust me, I get a lot of skeptical looks and comments. "Ohhh it's your first? Just you wait, that baby will show you who runs the show" or " enjoy it now, because you won't have any life later" Of course, no matter how 'encouraging' that sounds, I am enjoying my pregnancy and take every comment and remark with a grain of salt.
One of the most important things for me right now is staying comfy. Between teaching for two hours a week and church services, I am always in front of people. Putting on make up, doing my hair and having nice outfit on makes me feel more like myself but comfort is a priority. 


Here are a couple of tips to staying comfortable without sacrificing style while pregnant. 

- Invest in a good pair of maternity jeans - you will wear them a lot. Especially the last trimester.
- Buy different colored cardigans and mix and match with all your shirts, t-shirts and tanks. You can also wear them on top of dress for a whole new look
- Accessories are your best friends - they can make any simple outfit look put-together in a heartbeat
- Wedges are comfortable but look stylish with anything from jeans to a dress
- Knits will serve you well, especially in skirts. They stretch when the belly grows and still look formal enough for work.
- During winter months it's important to stay warm. A few good cashmere/wool sweaters will keep you warm and look great, instead of ten thin ones for the same amount of money.
- Having make-up and hair done is half the outfit.
- Getting enough rest, drinking plenty of water  and eating well will make the face look better, which in return will make you feel better about yourself. No amount of money can buy you that.


6 comments :

  1. Love your dress and leopard wedges! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... And with a wool dress - nice and warm:)

      Delete
  2. I will have to come back to this one day! I have been loving your use of belts!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only way I still feel like I've got some kind of shape left... ;-)

      Delete
  3. This outfit is great! (for pregnancy or not) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... Hope will fit after pregnancy too ;-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK