April 1, 2013

March {Budgeting Series}

March Budget

March's budget was a little more because I knew I would be buying some outerwear/boots  for next season. I was hoping to get a pair of nice leather cognac boots but unfortunately didn't find exactly what I was looking for. So here is the breakdown of my shopping experience from last month. And although I did not stick to budget to the last cent, I'm very proud of myself for dodging all those adorable new arrivals at Target. That's what this month is for. Seriously you guys, they have some cute skirts and floral pants out. Go check them out before I buy them all will ya? 
Happy Shopping!
  • Scarf $14.99 Target - I needed a bright floral scarf for spring because as it gets nicer out sometimes all you need is bright scarf to bring some color to outfit. 
  • Vest $13.49 (Original Price $49.99) Land's End - I have been look out for winter outerwear to go on sale, so I can stock up for next season. Hubby needed a new puffer and with the sale at local Land's End we hit jackpot.
  • Puff Jacket $27.99 (Original Price $69.99) Land's End -  the one I bought sold out online but this is a similar one. It seems that all my outerwear is either black or brown so I went with bold color - burnt orange/red. Loving it.
  • Intimates and Hosiery $63.00 Target - the unmentionable nursing gear and tights. 
  • Workout Leggings $27.99 Target - getting on that treadmill isn't easy but having the appropriate workout gear sure helps. Plus they are super comfy and I wear them around the house all the time. 
  • Belt $12.99 Target - I really thought I needed this belt in light pink but turns our I didn't really. And now that I have thrown out the receipt, I am keeping it. Plus pastels are very in this season so I will use it somehow. 
  • Sweater $4.99 Loft (Thrifted) - it's a an oversized long merino wool sweater to wear at home with my leggings. Comfy and warm.
  • Dress $3.99 Banana Republic (Thrifted) - a cute color-block dress that fits me well and perfect with leggings to lounge at home
BUDGET: $150.00
TOTAL SPENT: $169.43
_____________________
Overspent: $19.43

So how did you do with your budget? 
Did you stick to it or went completely overboard? 

                      

3 comments :

  1. I just recently did a post on my blog about my March Budget! I went about $10 over my budget, too. Feels good to say we made smart purchases :)

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the budget. I always love budget posts! I am heading to the Target website, you have me interested in what they have. The last time I was in there I was so disappointed!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK