May 16, 2013

A Little Fluffy

top: Loft, cords: Lands End, heels: Guess, bag: H&M

This post is part of Blog Everyday In May Challenge and although I'm starting kind of late, this is totally relevant and something I have been thinking about for a while. 
Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

As you may have noticed, after having Jonathan, I've retained some of the baby-weight, a.k.a maternal stores. It's only been 3 months since I gave birth (via C-section) but it just doesn't feel like the weight is coming off fast enough

Right now my lot in life is this slightly over-weight body and all the remnants of big belly (stupid ugly stretch marks). I woutwould go on a diet and start a rigorous workout regime if I wasn't nursing. But when I have to make sure that my baby gets enough to eat, it's a whole different story. 

I'm pretty good at eating healthy, taking long walks with while Jonathan naps in the stroller and avoiding junk food but it's still not happening fast enough. All my pre-pregnancy clothes are safely tucked away in the basement waiting to be released by my newly slimmed down self.

In my mind I do understand that it takes time.
That my body went through a lot.
That it's not healthy to loose weight rapidly.
That some weight loss is better then none.

Then I look at myself in the mirror. 
Emotions come rushing in and I'm filled with sadness and disappointment.

Then there was yesterday. Yesterday was different 
 I step on the scale and there it is - the number has finally moved in the downward direction. 
YAY! I think I jumped and checked it twice. It's true.

I'm consciously thinking about every single thing I eat and make myself go the extra few steps, while skipping whipped cream at Starbucks, and it's FINALLY paying off! 

Nobody said that it's easy. I'm not one of those girls who gives birth and five minutes late she's in her skinny size 0 jeans. I have to work at it. 
It's hard not to hate my body at this stage and not to throw into towel only because I don't see immediate results.
It's hard to pass up on that dessert when everyone is having some.
It's hard switching from regular to almond milk. Still debating if it's worth it.
It's hard getting my butt out of the bed and out the door when it's hot/cold/windy. Trust me, there is always an excuse not to exercise.

But one thing I know, it's ALL going to be totally worth it when I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. 
And although right now, I'm not in the best shape, I'm happy to say that I'm doing everything in my power to get there. And one day soon I will. 




5 comments :

  1. Trust me, do not stress about it. I was that way after having my son. It will happen! All of a sudden, my metabolism kicked into gear and I started losing the weight. By the time he was a year old, I was back at my ideal weight. Just enjoy yourself and keep doing what you're doing!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for it going in the direction you want. I think you look beautiful, but I can understand wanting to get back to your pre-pregnancy body. You'll get there, maybe it will take some time, but you'll get there!

    xo, Yi-chia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I've scrolled through pages already. Found you through Always Maylee. Love all your outfits and nice to find another christian blogger. Keep on in your faith in Christ. And as far as the weight, just to let you know I had my last child 5 yrs ago and no weight has come off. I've tried but nothing yet. Maybe someday.

    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous17.5.13

    You are on your way! It's easy to say "Don't stress it!" but we know within ourselves how we feel about ourselves/bodies can't be changed, no matter what anyone says. I will say don't stress it only because that makes the weight stay put. Relax, keep at it, and you'll be in those jeans in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, you look fabulous. I was just thinking how great you look for having a baby (because you look better than I do, and no baby has come out of this body!). You're beautiful, and you have an adorable reminder of the "sacrifice" your body made every day to bring your son into the world :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK