May 1, 2013

April {Budgeting Series}

1/2/3/4/5/6

We are here again! I mean, time just flies!
I don't know how it happened but I ended up doing some shopping this month. Couple trips to the mall to get a birthday gift and Jonathan's outfit for his blessing, then shopping trip with sista and I'm maxed out!
Time to fess up. And I did pretty good! YAY ME!
I was in desperate need of chambray top and scored one with polka dots (major bonus!) at TJMaxx for only $19.99 but here is a similar (and three times more expensive).
The trip to Forever21 produced skinny dark denim, lemon cardi, white blouse with black trim (worn here not online) and a lace top for under $70. Talk about a score!
Then shopping for Jonathan I scored polka dot top (#6 similar) on a major sale $22.60. 
Adding to my collection of mint things are these flats, which are very comfortable. I think of all the flats I have ever owed, these are the best. They have a small platform which you can't see but which makes walking for long periods of time a breeze. Best investment so far.
Budget Total: $100.00
Spent: $126.60
Well, before going shopping I shared with hubby my projected budget and he said that I should go and enjoy myself (whaaaat? he wasn't trying to stop me?), as well as add $20. 
So I stayed within my budget with only $6 over.
I'm happy to be at this point and glad I stuck to it! 
I'm currently in a process of re-organizing my closet and figuring out what I need for the summer so I can do smart shopping this month. But it's going to be so hard with amazing summer deals and gorgeous dresses all over. More trips to the park and less trips to the mall.
That should do it.

P.S. P.S. I am linking up with my monthly shopaholics budgeting group hosted by Franish, 
see more budgeting bloggers right over here. Enjoy!




4 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my blog! I'm pretty inspired by this post because I really need to set a budget- but it's so hard! (I know, break out the tiny violin, right?) I love Franish so I might need to join this budgeting group you speak of...

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, and nice look!!
    hope u like my purposes as i loved your blog

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picks for spring.

    XO,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. always love your photography
    check my blog if you want too:)
    click -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK