May 31, 2013

May {Budgeting Series}



Another month has come and gone, and it's sad how fast time is flying. Although, somehow, in those 30 days I manage to spend all the budget money and then some.
It's time to fess! This month it has been so so so hard to resist those sales! Tons of sales. Or it just feels like everything is on sale when I can't buy anything. Ha!
Target is a place where all my dreams of staying within the budget go to die. I have to force myself not to go into clothes section because I will always find something cute/cheap/interesting. Seriously!
Their new home collection had me at the first glance as well. Let me just say that target is stepping up its game and I'm loving it. But my RED credit card, not so much. So here is the beak down.

- Most adorable seahorse sweater ($15.00) I've ever seen. I mean, how cute is that? 
- A couple of really comfy Ts on a really good sale. #1 ($4.19) and #2 ($4.89).
- These ($19.64) pants had me at the very first time I laid eyes on them, but hubby wasn't convinced. I wore them to a date night and he wasn't sure why I was wearing clown pants. Men (rolling my eyes)
- I love the mint and navy color combo so when I saw this ($10.00) shirt on sale at Target (haha. where else?) I had to grab it. 
- I've been looking for a versatile summer dress for a while now. I do have few floral ones but wanted something that can be worn a lot. I've been eyeing this ($39.75) dress for a while but didn't want to pay the full retail so when it went on sale, I had to get it. Granted, if it doesn't fit right, I'm sending it back, since we don't have J.Crew Factory close to us.  
UPDATE: Returned the item
- The same thing with these ($23.50) shorts. I actually had the same pair for years in white but I don't fit into them (yet). Plus I can't be wearing white garments with infant in my lap. A recipe for disaster. 
- Lastly, I wanted a pink statement necklace. Don't get me wrong, I love jewelry, I just don't think that spending more then $20 on piece of metal (no matter how pretty it is) is a very bright idea. So it's cute ($6.00), pink (not online) and cheap.

TOTAL: $122.97 - 39.75 = 83.22
Budget: $100.00
Red Zone: None (yay!)
Carry Over: 16.78

Here's to the new month of spending and saving! 



7 comments :

  1. That seahorse cardigan is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that navy shirt! :)

    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! I know what you mean! I blew my budget too. I will be laying wayyyyyy back. I love that striped dress. So pretty!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was at Target, I saw that seahorse cardigan - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those darn May sales! Got me too! But looks like you picked up some versatile & cute pieces that are really going to get some use this summer!

    xx
    Here&Now

    Enter my $50 giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a seahorse sweater! how fun is that.

    looks like you got some really versatile pieces...and lots of stripes! a girl after my own heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smitten with the mint/navy top - I saw it at Target and am kicking myself that I didn't get it! It's so darn cute!!!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK