September 2, 2013

August {Budgeting Series}

We have arrived to the end of summer!
This year has been the busiest and fastest years of my life. It may have something to do with the fact that I have an infant to take care of and a new house to organize. I'm tired already.

As you may know, last month hubby and I got a little carried away with shopping. I spent twice my allowed budget for the month, meaning that August was supposed to be my 'no shopping' month. 
And... I did it!
Turns out it's easier then you think. If you don't go to the mall or any other place that may tempt you with great deals and major sales, you are safe from temptation. 
I always find something I like, i.e. think that I need.

On Saturday we ventured out for a day of thrifting and hanging out as a family and, somehow, ended up in the mall. I picked up only $10 worth of tank tops from Joe Fresh summer sale, which doesn't count right?  I'm really liking the new JCPenny Home Collection and probably will get a few pieces from them. This lamp, accent chair and pillows are all on my wish list for the house.

Also I did some research, trying to figure out what my closet needs the most this fall. I'm done buying cheap stuff and wishing I could afford the good quality pieces. I'd rather buy few but nice things that I will enjoy wearing and get good use out of. If you think about it, CPW (cost per wear) goes down dramatically if you wear those J.Crew boots for the next three years.
Quality over quantity is my new motto and I'm sticking to it. I may end up spending more, or the same amount but I will be wearing quality pieces that will last me years.
This week I will be talking about my favorites for this fall and showing my wish list. Stick around to see what's new and exciting going on this season.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


1 comment :

  1. Congrats on sticking to your shopping ban in August! I am all about buying quality over quantity... it takes longer but is so worth it!

    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK