September 20, 2013

Comfort




top: Target
jeans: Tommy Hilfiger
shoes: Aerosoles
clutch: TJMaxx
glasses: DKNY
Blogtember Challenge Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort. 

As a fashionista, I often ignore comfort in the name of good looks. In life, I crave comfort and surround myself with things that put me at ease. 

Honestly, I can't even count how many times I have worn shoes that were killing my feet only because they looked good; or froze half to death, again, for the same reason. I think that stage was part of growing up and now that I'm getting a little older (or maybe wiser) I'm more about comfort and happiness. Even my outfits becoming more practical and I'm all about sweaters and comfy flats.

Last week hubby and I were heading out for a date night, it was a little chilly out. I wanted to wear a cozy top with jeans but he was asking me to wear something sexy. I just told him that I would like to stay as comfortable as possible and, get this, didn't even want to wear heels. Part of it maybe we are getting too familiar with each other, or just plain lazy.

Comfort is something people look for and usually find it within the walls of their home. Although, it's easy to go from being comfortable to becoming a slob, especially with someone as close to you as your spouse. 
It's a delicate balance.

Is it possible to be comfortable and look good at the same time? 
So far it has proven itself a little difficult. 
What do you think, ladies (and gents)?

2 comments :

  1. I won't buy clothes unless they're comfortable. They can be cute, but if they don't fit right or feel good, they're not getting bought. On the other hand, I will always suffer for my shoes. Doesn't matter how painful they are if they're hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That read is SO lovely on you! Thank you for linking up to What I'm Loving Fridays. Hope to see you back this week!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK