November 5, 2013

Cheap 'n Good




dress: Target
sweater: Gap
shoes: Payless
bag: Target
Why is it when you shop at different stores, you judge the price point differently? If I'm in J.Crew and they have a dress on sale for $50 I will think it's a steal but then when I'm in Target and dress for $35 seems like a highway robbery.

The quality, for one, is definitely an issue and, although I do love boutique stores and designer apparel, nothing makes you feel better then knowing you scored a great buy for a low price.  
I've said it before and I will say it again - Target is my domain. I can rarely walk out of there without a sweater or pair of jeans. No, really, it's that bad.

Honestly, unless you are loaded (and I'm not) buying designer clothes for everyday wear seems ridiculous. Of course, every girl needs wants a designer handbag and a pair of statement shoes or jewelry, but for day to day wear, it's simply not practical. Geeesh, look who's talking about practical.
To sum it up, cheap 'n good is the stuff my closet is made off (with a few exceptions) but I still want a pair of booties and a handbag.
It's definitely a girl thing. And there is no stopping it.

Hope you have a great day!

9 comments :

  1. Cheap and cute, yep! That pretty much describes me as well!
    I love the color and style of your dress! Stripes are so cute!
    New follower here! I love your style and look forward to seeing more posts from you!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog today! I've spent some time going through yours and I love your style and your words. I too want my blog to be more than just outfits. I want to inspire and uplift others.

    Aubree from look.feel.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that dress is lovely! And I am also quite happy when not spending lots of money on clothes (though, at the same time, I really like clothes) Two seemingly opposite desires! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and those shoes are SO pretty!

    xx
    Allexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so gorgeous with the red shoes! Those colours look really great on you.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! There is one item in my closet that I splurged on last year and that's because I did well on my etsy sales. Also, I've worn the shirt AT LEAST once a week... well during the winter time! But I'm a target girl too, i have to stay away from there so I don't spend my money! haha!
    found you from style sessions linky

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a lovely striped dress!! love your red wedges too!!
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look more fabulous than ever. Adore this post, love. If you get a free moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post.
    MyBeautyBox giveaway!!
    Follow me on Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red red red shoes Oh! yes

    http://www.miscellaneousboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK