January 8, 2014

Goals


I know, I know... I'm almost a week late with this post but here it goes. Every year I make some kind of resolution. Whether it is to read Bible more or exercise three times a week, inadvertently I seem to fail, oh I don't know, the second day. I've made some personal goals by taking stock of 2013 and re-examining the year.

01. KNOW THE LORD
Many of us, as Christians, know of God and what He represents but we don't take the time or put enough effort to really know Him. I'm one of them. It's easy to go through the motions of church, ministries and talk of Christianity but a lot harder to actually live it. I don't want to get more spiritual or have better prayer life (although both are good), I simply want to know Him better.

02. GROW A STRONGER MARRIAGE
Every so often I pledge to spend more time with hubby, have meaningful conversations and go on more dates. In reality, everything else gets in the way and now with a baby in tow, it's even harder to make time for each other. This year it's going to be different. It is not just an intention and good thought, but a realization that good things take work. More work than I have put in it so far. 

03. BE HEALTHY
This is a big one. It's not just to exercise every day or go on a diet but have a healthy life style. Everything, from what I eat to what I watch on TV, has to have a positive impact on my life to be part of it. To be healthy means not just be free of physical illnesses but have a positive state of mind and well being.  

04. TRAVEL 
I love to travel and see new places, especially with the ones I love. Be that a short drive to a neighboring town or trip abroad, living to experience interesting places is the new goal. I have one life to live so need take advantage of the time and youth while I can enjoy it. Oh the places I will go!

05. LIVE IN THE MOMENT
I'm a master at planning. The moment I wake up, I have a plan in mind -  what I'm going to do that day, that week and even month. This year I'm determined to live in the moment and be present with my mind in every minute of every day. I want to enjoy every moment of my life without worrying that it doesn't fit into a well devised plan.

P.S. We are in frozen country right now so outfit pictures aren't coming your way anytime soon. The only thing that I'm wearing right now is a puffer jacket and rabbit hair snow boots. Yes, it's that bad.

That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by.





2 comments :

  1. I see you and I are on the same New Year schedule :) I am doing a blogathon this month and today's topic was goals. I figure you have to give yourself a little time to recover from the holidays and get psyched up for the new year. Today is a good day to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new years resolutions - I'm not starting the year with any, instead, just hoping to be happy, healthy, and pursue bigger and better things. Living in the moment is just what I need to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK