April 16, 2014

The Last of It






top: H&M (similar dresstop)
skirt: Talbots (similar)
heels: Zara (similar)
clutch: old (similar)
It's Christmas time. Just kidding. Well, it surely looks like that outside my window - the entire ground is covered with white blanket! That is after sandals and pool weather on Sunday - New York weather is crazy, I tell ya. So here we are back in cold again and the last of black and white outfit for this season (don't quote me on that though). 
So what's better then a dress that can be worn as a top? Pretty much nothing. My sister was giving me the stink eye and said 'went shopping again?' in her sisterly condemnation voice. I was glad to say I did not (I think hubby sand Hallelujah at that point). The trick is to have a dress short enough that it can hide underneath the skirt's hem. Also, you want the skirt to be thick enough so that no one would be able to tell you are wearing more underneath. I love experimenting with clothes and this is just one of the ways to stretch your dollars and get more wear out of your clothes. 
Hope you have a good (non-snowy) day!


14 comments :

  1. This is such a cute idea! I've worn a dress as a skirt but not as a top, great inspiration!! Hope your snow melts soon. We've had freezing temps today here in NC after wearing shorts the last couple of days, this spring sure is crazy!!!

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! I'm so over this freezing weather - seriously.

      Delete
  2. Genius! I never would've known it was a dress! Fantastic outfit!
    I'm ready for summer too!
    I live in Montana, it was 65deg one day and snowing the next!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha!
      It's crazy, isn't it? Really need some sunshine here

      Delete
  3. Anonymous16.4.14

    Wow! I would have never guessed it was a dress! You did well and you look lovely. Haha! I would get reactions like that from my hubby too. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Our poor husbands... what they have to go through for fashion lol

      Delete
  4. I love a good B&W look and you nailed it. Looking amazing ;)

    If you have a sec, I'd love if you can come over my blog and see my latest. xo - http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am so glad it's not snowing here! It did get pretty cold again the past few days, so I'm ready for sunshine and warm weather!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your outfit is darling - love those pumps!

      Delete
  6. Such a fun and cute idea! I'll definitely have to try this out with my dresses/skirts. I live near Memphis and our weather changes like this often. Our motto is "If you don't like the weather in Memphis, just wait 5 minutes." Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha our weather changes like crazy too!~ thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. great outfit, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit looks fantastic on you! I always love a bit of animal print.

    xx, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK