February 26, 2015

Felt Anemone Spring Wreath {DIY}


I know that many of you still have snow mile high around them but I'm so excited for spring. Officially I'm getting in spring mood after March 1st and don't care how much it snows after that. So the first step to driving winter temperatures away is dressing up your front door - maybe winter will get the idea and get the heck outta here! But seriously, I couldn't wait to get started.


For the wreath I used green burlap, wrapping in overlapping motion to make sure that the spacing is somewhat equal. I glued the beginning of the strip and went around making sure that it's very tight until very end and glued the end. If you have dealt with burlap, you will know that it's pain in the rear because it's a very sparse material. Do your best. Place the glue on the wreath and burlap on top while holding it down with scissors or the glue gun. DO NOT try to hold it down with hands - you will get burned. (Take it from someone who says 'ouch' a lot). Next the flowers.




For the flowers, I followed the Felt Anemone Tutorial at Something Turquoise blog and was so pleased with the result. Their simple and cute idea was just what I needed for this wreath. I didn't want to go any other route once I saw how beautiful these flowers are. Take your time with the first one and then you can speed through with the rest.

Materials:
2 sheets of pink felt (1.5"x 2" pieces)
5 strips of grey felt (1' wide)
5 fuzzy poms
hot glue gun
glue sticks

***1 sheet of pink felt makes 3 flowers, I used 4 petals for the top row and 6 petals for the bottom




And done! Make sure to save the link or PIN one of the images to your PINTEREST board for future references. You know, when the snow actually melts and you want it to look like spring!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope I got your creative juices flowing.

xo, Anna 

14 comments :

  1. Thank you Diana for reading! I'm so glad you like the blog and hope you will be back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so pretty. ^^
    New post is online... Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun for spring! Such a great post, love this! Wishing you a happy Thursday! xo

    Nicole

    Evolution of Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole and I can't wait for spring to arrive

      Delete
  4. That is such a great DIY! I can't wait to try it out soon!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It's so easy and cheerful

      Delete
  5. So cute! I am so ready for spring!

    brunch and bijoux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tory, I'm so sick and tired of winter myself... Can't wait to get out of the winter coats and boots

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty piece for spring! I definitely cannot wait for warmer weather - it can't come fast enough!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear.... and I'm with you on that winter feeling

      Delete
  7. This looks gorgeous! The flowers are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK