July 31, 2015

Home Make Over {Living & Dining Room}


Dining Room






____________________________________________________________

Living Room










When I set out to do a make over in our living and dining room area, I spend a lot of time on Pinterset, looking through countless images of homes. I wanted the space to feel light and airy, with a pop of color here and there, but I also had a very (very) small budget. I was so tired of the same blah walls and just lack of character in our home. The before pictures were snapped at night and do have an ugly light in them but that's practically how boring our home was. 
I love the new space. I DIYed the pillows, vases and painted everything from ceiling to the lamp base. Nothing says remodel like a fresh coat of spray paint. Our house is not fancy or glamorous but it's home. I love that we can lounge on the couches with the new cute pillows or have dinner at a large table that fits everyone.

New
Dining Room Table - $400 (Pier One Imports)
Curtains - $80 (TJMaxx)
Wall Sea Urchins - $35 (Target)
Pillow - $20 (IKEA)

 Thank you for stopping by and I hope you draw some inspiration for updating your own home!




8 comments :

  1. The chairs in the dining room are great!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/2015/07/giveaway-evil-eyetote-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly brightened up your space a whole lot more, which I love! You've also added fresh accents and cute little pillows, which I also love. Beautiful job :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible! I love the details that you added like the art on the walls, the cute pillows & vases all over!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your makeovers! Everything looks so much brighter. You definitely achieved your goal of making everything light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeover. I love how much bigger and brighter the room looks. So inviting.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a transformation Anna!! Love how beautiful it turned out and I love when DIY works out, there is so much to own up and love simply because you put in the hardwork for it!! Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy! Take it easy and take rest! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous home! I love your decor!
    xoxo

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK