May 22, 2012

Black Pumps (DIY)

My very own Valentino pumps (a girl can dream right?)
I love designer shoes but unfortunately they cost more then our rent. So what should I do? Try to fashion a pair from my old, broken-into, super comfy and dear-to-my-heart black pumps. I wanted a pair that was lady-like, cute and timeless like these to-die-for shoes.

 <-Inspiration ->
                    
                                     Manolo Blahnik 

         Valentino



YOU WILL NEED:
- pair of black pumps (use something that you won't cry over if you mess up)
- spray paint (black)
- tape
- all surface paint
- paint brush
- small bowl
- lots of newspaper to spare your working surface
- black chiffon (4 strips 3'' wide, 2 strips 2''wide)
- needle with black thread
- 2 clothes pins
- hot glue gun

HOW TO:
Set up your working station and make sure to cover it with paper.

Cover the shoes and spray paint just the soles black (take the outdoors). Remove the tape. 

I didn't spray paint mine since they were already black. But if you have lighter sole, it's really hard to trace the shoes with brush, so just save yourself some headache and spray it. 

Next paint the shoes with the high gloss paint and let it dry. I did three coats, as my shoes were a little worn out.


Make the bows for the front. Those can be as big and fluffy as you would like them to. Take a piece of wide chiffon and make a bow. Sew in the middle to hold in place and do the same with second layer. Wrap around the middle with smaller piece of chiffon and secure with thread. I like to sew them because glue may not hold all the layers. 

 They may not look exactly the same, don't worry:)

Take a little hot glue and secure the bows in the middle of the front of the shoes. To make sure that the bows are secure, hold them in place over night with clothes pins.
Note: Less glue the better - you can always add more and it will give your shoes more professional look.

Give the shoes some time to dry and set. 
Ta-Da! 

Thanks for reading!





5 comments :

  1. wow - I love black patent pumps, and these are amazing! The bow is icing on the pump cake!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I was trying to get a hold of you and haven't heard anything yet...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous22.5.12

    COOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have a look at these stunning and chic wedge sneakers at http://www.upere.com/upere-wedge-sneakers-c-1.html.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK