August 10, 2012

{Headband}



As I said earlier, I will try to keep up with DIY projects and post every other Friday. So I was excited to get started and kind of went all the way on this one. It cost me more then usual because I mostly buy very cheap stuff. This time I wanted to make a present and bought some of the nicer accessories. You can make this any color and mix and match, but I wanted something a little sophisticated and grown-up.
 Here is it!

You will need:
Black Chiffon - 1rd x 1/2 yd
Felt
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors 
Black Headband
Jewelry Accessory

Start out buy cutting the same size circles out chiffon. Let me tell you - chiffon is pain in the neck to work with, so stack the pieces and cut about 3-4 at a time. You will need 8-10 circles.


Prepare your headband and the jewelry button.


Fold is circle in half by placing a very small amount of glue and then again. You will get folded quarters, but for every fold to stay in place you need to hot glue them.
Start centering the pieces around the middle of the circle felt you cut out. 


Glue the quartered circles unto felt by placing four in each row.
Repeat until you reach the desired amount of layers. I made two layers


Cut the edges of the chiffon very carefully making a nice circle, then burn the edges just a little. Be careful not to burn wholes into the chiffon.


Glue the middle press tight on the middle for about 30 seconds. Then hot glue the felt unto headband and if you have black felt, you are done. I didn't want the beige felt to show, so I covered it with another piece of chiffon. You very own, custom made head piece is done! 


Enjoy!

4 comments :

  1. So so cute! Great job!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! It's a present for a friend... I hope she will enjoy it

      Delete
  2. The head band look very nice. I'm a fan of DIY projects.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK