August 13, 2012

The Best Grilled Cheese Panini

I'm already munching on it. Quick take a pic so I can have my food.

I had a dream. One of many food dreams. I had a dream that I was eating the best grilled cheese sandwich in the world (I guess that's what pregnancy does to me). So I started researching how to make the best grilled cheese sandwich because let's face it - it's all in the cheese. 
After few blogs, Foodnetwork shows and cooking books I found my cheese. Muenster cheese
I can't pronounce it correct because it sounds like monster.
OH MY GOODNESS! This cheese is like a piece of heaven on Earth. 
I give you my very own take on the whole grilled cheese thing. And let me tell you, it's better not have anyone around when you are eating it. You wouldn't want to share.
At least don't have any hungry pregnant women around you - they do not share their food. 
Take it from me. Da pregnant one.

Ingredients:
2 slices of deli cut Muenster Cheese
2 pieces of Wheat Bread
1 medium yellow tomato
3 thin slices of Canadian Bacon
butter

Preparation: 
Cut tomato into very thin slices and preheat the panini maker. Non stick skillet will suffice if you don't have panini maker.
Put slices of cheese on both bread pieces and pile on tomatoes and Canadian bacon in the middle. 
Lightly grease the cooking surface with butter and set it on medium heat. 
Make sure the cheese is nicely melted and hot all the way through. 
I know you are hungry but give it some time and don't rush the perfection. 
Check on the panini or turn it over, if you are using skillet.
I sliced up more tomatoes for the side because they are from my aunt's garden and 
ohhhh so deliciously sweet.
Ta-Da! 
Go ahead enjoy it. I won't look.

4 comments :

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK