May 24, 2013

Dry Spell




dress: TJMAxx (similar), vest: Gapflats: Target, bag: Thrifted, necklace: Forever21, sunnies: DKNY
I started this blog because I like all thing fashion and it was a way to push myself to be innovative, inspiring, creative, original, ingenious and clever with what I have. Although lately I've been too focused on the technicalities - growing my blog and gaining exposure (none of which are bad) but they are taking me away from my main goal: to be creative.
Of course, it's nice to have 29475 GFC followers and even more on Instagram, Twitter and you name it, but that's not what this is about. At least not for me.
I don't anticipate or think about who's reading my blog, neither do I filter what I write on here according to what some of you may think. This is an honest account of who I am and what I'm all about. 
So I've been thinking of some inventive ways of being original and nada. Seriously, it's hard to come up with something hip, when it seems like it's already have been done. 
Anyone can put together an outfit, take some pics and post them but I want something more. Therefore, I'm in kind of a inspiration dry spell and in need of help. Ideas? Thought? Comments? Do share.

6 comments :

  1. I'm still new to blogging but I hear you. Although I feel this a bit in lots of areas of life. I'm planning a little day retreat at a local lodge for myself. Mostly I'm planning on bringing my laptop and a premade list of life areas I need to be brainstorming on like budget, diet, business ideas, my blog, etc.
    May you should do that. Take a day away from normal life stuff and sit and research and regroup.

    Patterned Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel. I had a blog prior to this that only talked about fashion. It did extremely well, but I was so unhappy by the end of the year. There was so much MORE that I wanted to talk about. I deleted the blog, lost half my followers but I became so much happier starting A Very Sweet Blog. I could talk about ANYthing I felt was sweet. Step back, list the things you love and want to talk about. Then incorporate that love into your blog. Getting away, going to an event, those are just some things that will recharge your imagination. Relax. I love your maxi dress and what a great jean jacket.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new blogger as well and I feel the same way. I have no idea how I will ever be as fabulous as some of the bloggers I love. I am just trying to be me and hope that I can bring glory to God in some way. I love this maxi on you and the mix of purple and mint - that is fresh and new! Blessings! Susan www.charminglucy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find inspiration in everything! Also you can look at other girls posts based not only on their outfits, but who also have some stories in there. Good luck!

    http://vformat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have amazing hair! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I feel like we have very similar body types.
    http://hotpinkstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of you stay true to yourself and avoid comparison it will allow you to do your own thing and build your own inspiration and creativity. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK