May 23, 2013

Thunderstorm



top: TJMaxx (similar), cardigan: Old Navy (similar), skirt: NY&Co (similar), heels: Guess(similar) , belt: Target, sunnies: DKNY
 We've been hit with some severe thunderstorms for the last couple of days and, of course, I had to be dumb enough to get stuck on the interstate in the middle of whole thing. Yep, only me. 
Tuesday we had sort of a spring cleaning day and and after we were done, I headed out to get groceries. The sky was looking dark and I knew we were supposed to get a storm in the afternoon, but that, THAT was not a storm. Lemme tell ya! 
I was checking out in Walmart, a gentlemen behind me in line said that we were supposed to be hit with some severe winds, rain, thunder, lightning and hail, (yep! hail) at approximately 7:45. I asked him to check the time for me and it was 7:42. I almost forgot half of my grocery bag and ran to my car. I barely, I mean b-a-r-e-l-y made it to the car and loaded my groceries. 
I started raining. 
I should have went home right away but no.
We needed diapers and they were on sale at Walgreen's across the town. I looked at the dark blue, like-in-the-movies-before-the-bad-guys-take-over-the-world sky and decided that it's probably not going to be that bad. And I headed straight into the eye of the storm. 
Two minutes later and I regretted that decision. Bitterly.
Two minutes later I couldn't see more then 10 feet in front of me. Traffic was barely moving and the cars were pulling off on the side of the road. 
Then the hail started to come down and my car started swaying from side to side like I was on the great wide open sea. I pulled over to the side of the road and started praying. 
I WAS SCARED and oh so glad I didn't have Jonathan with me. 
I called my husband. Then I called my mom and told her not to go anywhere. 
Ten minutes later and it was still bad out so I decided to slowly make my way to the store. There was so much water, I was literally swimming through the interstate. 
Thank God, I safely made it through barely moving traffic, knocked down tree branches and not working traffic lights. 
So next time you see dark as night sky what are you going to do? Turn around and head home. 

4 comments :

  1. Very pretty outfit. I love the colors and that cardigan is fabulous! Love it!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so scary! I'm glad you got home safely.
    I love the outfit, looks great on you. Such a cute necklace too! - Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg'd!!! i'm so glad you're ok. what an ordeal! i'm glad that gentleman told you what was about to happen in the store. i was in a situation like that and it's so scary. the weather lately has been so violent (everywhere). well i love your outfit. it's such a pretty mix of blues. beautiful combination!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK