July 2, 2013

June {Budgeting Series}


June was a good month with some great finds. Considering that I returned this dress from last month's purchases (it was on the back order until the end of July) and had a little more this month, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this 'shopping on the budget' thing. 
Anyhow, last month was really good - here is the update.
Let's see how I did this month.
Mint Dress (Dorothy Perkins $43.78) - I actually bought a little darker shade of mint (on sale w/ free shipping) but it sold out already. Loving the color, length and cut - perfect pencil dress for any summer occasion. 
Striped Maxi (Target $29.99) - Loving how the chevron pattern in front slims the figure and that it has a sleeve. It's so comfortable, I've already worn it one too many times.
Purple Shorts (J.Crew 19.99) - I love the cut and feel of these Bermuda shorts and since I'm wearing my grey once non-stop, I thought a bright pair will get a lot of use as well.
Pink Tee (Target 10.99) - Don't have a pink top. Must. Have. Pink. The. End.
Beige Shorts (Banana Republic $49.50/thrifted $4.99) - I wanted to get couple shorts in neutral color and a trip to thrift store proved itself worthy of these cute shorts. Comfiest party yet.
Sandals (Coach $59.00/TJMaxx $20.00) - these are the cutest flip flops that I have ever owed. I love that they are super comfy, have a bow and perfect for a busy mama's summer wardrobe. Plus they were on clearance. Why not?
Sequin Skirt (Club Monaco $199/thrifted $5.99) - when I saw this skirt, I knew I had to have it. It's a perfect party skirt and for a great(!) price. I already wore it for my mom's bday party and planing to find more uses for it. Outfit post is coming soon.
Basic Tee (Target $6 x2) - definitely need tees for everyday comfortable wear. Especially when baby spits all over ya and you have to change it at least once a day.

Total: 146.73 - 16.78(carry over from May) = 126.95
Budget: $120
Red Zone: $6.95
Carry Over: None

2 comments :

  1. You found some great things this month! I am loving that mint dress - it's so pretty! And I have been eying that Target maxi dress - I need to try it on for sure!

    I am so glad that you stopped by my blog because now I've found yours. I am a new follower via bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored some great deals! The mint dress is my fav, hehe so you did end up buying it ; ) nice! - Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK