March 11, 2013

Advice



top: Target, skirt: thrifted, shoes: Tahari, necklace: Sharlotte Russe, 
belt, glasses: Loft, bag: Kate Spade NY

Yesterday was the second time we took Jonathan to church. He loved it - sleeping the car seat the entire time. Who wouldn't? He was snuggled in his penguin suit with the matching hat, covered with a blankey and a cover for the outside and quickly became most popular kid on the block. I mean, he is the cutest
Yet somehow, 'he wasn't warm enough' according to some.
There isn't one way to raise a kid. All advice isn't good. And only because another mother did it this way does not mean I have to follow. 
It may sound selfish, but I want to do it my way. 
I may not know everything, I don't have the years of experience but what I do have is mother's instinct. 
There are so many people (I mean, like everyone) offering advice. 
He's crying - must be you didn't feed him enough. Don't do the schedule thing, just give him boob every time.
He's crying again - tummy hurts so give him some water.
Again - don't rock him, he will get used to it.
And again - he's just plain cold (favorite of Russians).
Everyone has some kind of advice to offer and only because they raised couple kids and did something and it worked for them, it does not mean it will work for me
I really do like good advice. I listen. I take it all in. Only I decide what's good for me and what isn't. 
It's a right I reserve for myself as a mother.
Because mother knows best
:-)







4 comments :

  1. Seriously you have figured out the most important thing by going with what YOU feel is best. You are the one with him and can tell the difference in his cries, know what he needs, etc. You are a great mom already! You are looking pretty amazing as well!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious...I hated when everyone had advice about everything...I just wanted to walk away and let them keep talking cause I didn't care either. Grammas favorite is that "HE"S HUNGRY" even though he just ate 10 minutes ago. Ugh :-((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers always know best. You look beautiful, love. That necklace is everything. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diigin it!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award. check it out

    http://shelley-paige.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-yay.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK